Posted: March 16, 2020
As the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases increases throughout the nation, OVS is frequently re-evaluating the situation, keeping in mind our employees and our customers' well-being and businesses. We have therefore decided to enter stage 2 of our preventive strategy.
With crops in the ground and ready to wake up after winter dormancy, OVS remains open for business to meet your needs. We will not be closing store locations at this time. OVS locations are considered essential businesses during these challenging times in order to keep agriculture going. However, only essential personnel will be present at the stores, at our yards and in the offices. All others including our outside sales force have been instructed to work from home and can be reached via their cell phone and/or email.
Our team is working to meet your business needs and to provide you with the latest product availability. It is also a good idea to consider placing forward looking orders now so we can better manage our supplies and vendors - and meet your critical delivery times down the road. We will strive to keep deliveries on schedule.
• High touch areas, such as door handles, are being cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes.
• Signature pads and counters are being wiped after every transaction.
• If you are waiting in line for a transaction, please keep a minimum of 4 feet between yourself and others around you.
• If you are sick or have any symptoms, please stay home. We can take orders over the phone or by email. We have asked the same from our employees.
• If you have a scheduled visit, field scouting or crop meeting please get in touch with your agronomist if you or anyone in your family has COVID-19 symptoms. This will help our team coordinate with you on meeting alternatives.
• Liquid lime applications will stay on schedule and will not be affected. Our applications specialists have been instructed to maintain best practices when interacting with customers.
• If you are expecting a delivery and someone in your business or home is showing symptoms, please notify us to arrange proper actions with our delivery team. Your deliveries will be made on time, but we may have to limit person-person contact in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
We are here for you and by following all the precautionary actions we will get through this together. Thank you for your business and your support of our employees. Take care of yourselves and those around you.